You’ll be part of UK Development where you, together with your colleagues, will work in the development phase of their projects from project set-up through to planning consent. You’ll work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop UK offshore wind farms in accordance with relevant environmental and planning legislation.
- Supporting/leading on being innovative and forward thinking – the rapidly growing industry requires them to grow and adapt with it.
- Representing the environment & consents department and their company with key stakeholders.
- Being part of a consents team led by the consents manager, leading on specific topic areas encountered in the development phase.
- Supporting/leading the development and implementation of consenting strategies.
- Supporting/leading on defining and coordinating the delivery of documentation and applications, for example to secure a consent award or marine licence.
- Ideally have experience in the offshore wind sector, though relevant experience from other large infrastructure projects is welcome.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the UK terrestrial and/or marine planning systems.
- Can deliver on time and to budget while managing competing demands in respect of project priorities and stakeholder advice.
- Ideally have a degree in ecology, environmental science, or planning.
- Preferably have a demonstrable specialism in project management, team leadership, or a particular environmental or planning field, with a clear understanding of how to apply your knowledge in the planning processes.
- Can effectively communicate with a wide group of stakeholders, explain complex issues, and actively solve problems.