Development Manager - Solar Projects
Our client is an internationally oriented, dynamically growing company with a clear goal - they are looking to set new standards in the solar industry. The managers and employees have been successfully furthering the technological and commercial evolution of solar power since 2008 - now with more than 3,470 megawatts of installed solar power worldwide and over 2,400 megawatts in our own capacity. Our team includes trained photovoltaic specialists as well as a network of prominent partners in the fields of plant construction, certification, and safety.
They develop projects from the initial contact with landowners up to the application and fulfilment of all official requirements leading to the building permit for the PV solar plant.
Since 2010, they have been developing, planning, and operating solar power stations together with local partners in France and have had an office in Bordeaux since 2018. In doing so, they have built over 20 solar parks. This includes in particular a remote 3-megawatt solar park in the Alps in the Villeneuve region. This difficult-to-access project is at an elevation of over 1,000 metres and was built in just a few weeks following very careful technical planning and extremely precise project coordination.
The role will involve regular travel to visit and meet with project stakeholders and assess site suitability.
- Project managing all development stages for their development portfolio (from site identification & land securing to environmental studies to permitting to dealing with recourses and reaching financial close)
- Building the portfolio by identifying new sites including greenfield opportunities and competitive processes including actively participating in M&A processes
- Ensuring a consistent focus on developing best in class sites (as measured by LCOE)
- Following and continuously improving processes for the whole development lifecycle
- Managing and delivering development programmes for their portfolio to ensure that budgets are met, timeframes are kept to and quality is optimised
- Managing the procurement and contract management processes including contract negotiations e.g. for promises to lease and technical/environmental contracts
- Producing regular development portfolio reports
- Maintaining and proactively manage portfolio risk registers
- Working with the internal and external engineering and technical teams to ensure the optimal solution (in terms of LCOE) is incorporated into all projects e.g. site layouts, technology choice, design requirements etc
- Helping keep up to date financial models and reviewing all assumptions to ensure the project economics are robust
- Developing, managing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Actively monitoring the market for new opportunities e.g. in other technologies or regions in France
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Experience of developing renewable energy/ oil and gas/ mining projects in France from site identification to permitting to achieving financial close.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and external counterparties across all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Strong commercial acumen/track record.
- Solid planning and organising skills to include effective prioritisation, resource management and working remotely.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines.
- Proactive and enthusiastic, with a positive attitude and a drive for high standards.
For more information or to apply for this role, contact us now.